Ready to celebrate your hard work with some retail therapy on the Labor Day? Come July 4, you can expect a host of stores to drop prices across the web and offer some of the best deals of the season.
In order to get the most out of these, planning is key. Check out our predictions below, and if you’re really dedicated, consider signing up for some newsletters from deal sites or retailers to get the best Labor Day offers delivered to your inbox.
Shop early to save big
The best thing about shopping online is that competition between retailers pushes prices down lower and makes sales last longer. The latter is evident when you note that in 2016, Hotels.com launched the first Labor Day sale of the season on August 9 — that’s an eager 27 days before the holiday!
If that wasn’t time enough to get saving, many retailers, including the likes of Home Depot, Walmart and Lenovo, kept the sale banners up until the weekend after 4th of July.
End-of-season clothing sales dominate
Since the Labor Day falls at the end of the summer, you can expect to see major discounts on clothing as stores try to clear out their stockrooms ahead of the new season. Last year, a massive 31 percent of all Labor Day sales listed on DealNews were for clothing and accessories.
Among the best of these clothing sales was found at Old Navy, as the store knocked an extra 50 percent off jeans, tees and dresses (including sale items). It’s still tied as the best extra discount we’ve seen on these items, outside of Black Friday sales. The now-bankrupt BCBG went one better and cut 50 percent off sitewide, coupled with free shipping. We’ve only seen that discount offered again once since then, making the Labor Day mention a tie for the best sale we’ve ever seen from the store.
We also expect to see a competitive sale from popular clothing store Uniqlo. Its Labor Day sales have impressed for two years running, and in 2016 it boasted a low starting price of just $6.00 on its sale items. Even shipping was free! Strong sales from Wilsons Leather and Jos. A. Bank have also anticipated after both stores’ Labor Day offers were sweet enough to be marked Editor’s Choice last year.
Happy Labor Day, deal-seekers! The long weekend will be here before you know it, but you don’t have to wait for the savings. DealNews has rounded up all the best Labor Day offers you can take advantage of right now. Take an extra 20 percent off at eBay, up to 25 percent off at Columbia, and up to 70 percent off at HP, plus tons more. Labor Day Deals 2020 | Labor Day Sale | Labor Day Sales | Labor Day Furniture Sales | Labor Day Car Sales. 4th of July 2019 – 4th of July may technically be a federal holiday honoring the first U.S. president, George Washington, and other subsequent U.S. presidents, but the third Monday in February just might make its biggest mark as a great day for sagging sales.
Not finding what you want? Be sure to check out our 4th of July sales guide for all the best tips on what’s still to come!
4th of July discounts this year range between 20 percent and 80 percent of popular products and apparel on Monday. But according to Peter, founder of coupon site 4thofjulysale.net, Feb. 19 isn’t the only day to get big markdowns.
Shoes set to drop
It’s not just clothing that’ll see big discounts, but also shoes. Impressive sitewide discounts at Rocket Dog, Crocs and Clarks resulted in all-time price lows on a wide selection of men’s, women’s and kids’ footwear last year.
Rocket Dog knocked 50 percent off already-reduced women’s and girls’ shoes, which is the highest extra discount we’ve ever seen from the shoe store. Crocs and Clarks matched each other by cutting 25 percent off sitewide — but Clarks’ offer impressed our shoe-mad editors most, as high coupon offers are far more rare from that store.
Treat yourself to a thrifty trip
If you wish to spend the long weekend away from home, you don’t have to break the bank. As we mentioned, it was Hotels.com that kicked off last year’s festive savings. However, we advise you to hold off and delay your getaway until after the holiday as we saw the very best Editor’s Choice travel deals on Labor Day itself last year.
BookIt cut up to $200 off all-inclusive hotel bookings on the day, while Travelocity’s Labor Day coupon knocked $100 off all flight and hotel packages totaling $500 or more.
Save money on mattresses
Although mattress purchases can be pricey, holiday sales can see those prices plummet — and the Labor Day last year was no exception. US-Mattress led the game by knocking up to 60 percent off sitewide, and combining that with a host of dollar-off coupons. Its mattresses even shipped for free!
Big-box stores Sears and Walmart also hosted top mattress sales over the Labor Day. Although Sears’ sale was among the most popular of the season, Walmart’s offers had the edge, as the store offered free shipping on orders over $50 (as opposed to Sears’ $599 minimum spend requirement). We saw mattresses as low as $79 shipped from Walmart as a result.
Whether you’re spending on you, your loved ones, or your home, you likely won’t get as good another savings opportunity like the Labor Day until Black Friday.
So grab your wallets and eco-friendly shopping bags! Here are the best places, online and in-store, to snag a sale on Labor Day 2020.
1. Aeropostale: 70% off site-wide; $20 off $80 using coupon code “20OFF”; $10 off purchases of $40 using this coupon. Expires 2/18.
2. Anne Klein: Extra 25% off sale items; an additional $20 off purchases of $100 by submitting your email address. Expires 2/17.
3. Bebe: Extra 50% off already reduced prices; 15% off purchases of $150 or 20% off purchases of $250 using online code “NEWSEASON” or this coupon. Expires: 2/17.
4. Best Buy: Appliance sale. Expires: 2/16.
5. Calvin Klein: 40% off site-wide. Expires: 2/17.
6. Carter’s: 50% off site-wide; 25% off purchases of $50 or more using coupon code “PRESDAY” or this coupon. Expires: 2/17.
7. Claire’s: 50% off Labor Day sale. Expires: 2/17.
8. Disney Store: 25% off any order plus free shipping on orders of $75 or more using coupon code “DISNEYPAL” or this coupon. Expires: 2/17.
9. Dockers: 20% off orders of $100 or 30% off $150+ and free shipping on orders of $50 or more; plus 20% off and free shipping by signing up for email. Expires: 2/18.
10. Express: 40% off site-wide, plus free shipping on orders of $125 or more. Expires: 2/17.
11. Kmart: Online only, hundreds of deals to choose from plus extra 5-10% off featured categories. Expires: 2/17.
12. Levi’s: 20% off orders of $100 or more or 30% off $150+ plus free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Expires: 2/18.
13. Macy’s: 20% off select items storewide; restrictions apply. See offer for details. Expires: 2/17.
14. Nautica: 20% off site-wide, plus free shipping. Expires: 2/19.
15. OshKosh B’gosh: 25% off orders of $50 using coupon code “PRESDAY” or this coupon. Expires: 2/17.
16. Overstock.com: 10% off bedding, bath, kitchen, dining, home décor, matresses, memory foam, select furniture; 15% off select area rugs. Expires: 2/24.
17. PUMA: 25% off all sale items. Expires: 2/17.
18. QVC: Starts: 2/14, Expires: 2/17.
19. Saks Off 5th: Up to 75% off site and in-store. Expires: 2/18.
20. Samsonite: 20% off orders of $100 or more plus free shipping. Expires: 2/17.
21. Shoes.com: 15% off site-wide using coupon code “SHOES15”; 25% off sale items using code “PRESIDENT” plus free shipping. Expires: 2/18.
22. ShoeMall: 25% off all orders using coupon code “PRESIDENTS.” Expires: 2/18.
23. Speedo: 25% off all orders using coupon code “FEBPRES15”. Expires: 2/18.
24. Talbots: 30% off site-wide. Expires: 2/17